Birth Doula Service
Our first meeting is an opportunity for you to see if I am the right doula for you - to ask yourself 'do we click?' - an all important factor when choosing your doula.
- We will meet during pregnancy at least twice more, usually in your home, to discuss your birth preferences and wishes and to talk through any hopes or fears you may have.
- You will be able to contact me anytime from booking until 6 weeks after the birth. I will be available to you anytime via telephone, skype and email.
- I will go 'on call' for you and only you, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, from 38 - 42 weeks of your EDD (estimated due date). If baby decides to arrive outside these dates, I will do everything within my power to be with you.
- I go with YOUR flow! During labour and birth I will stay in tune with you, your needs and wishes, even if you change your mind. You are able to say anything to me and do whatever your emotions and instincts dictate. You cannot offend, surprise or embarrass me. I will always understand.
- I will never leave you alone - doulas do not work shifts. This gives your partner the opportunity to have a needed break whilst still providing you with the one-to-one continuum of care you need from someone you both know and trust.
- I can offer suggestions on comfort measures such as breathing, relaxation, movement and positioning and help with dads participation in the birth at a level you both feel comfortable with.
- I will support you in your feeding method of choice. I breastfed my 2 children and have experience of bottle feeding. Once you are successfully feeding and settled, I will leave you.
- I will come to your home for a 2 hour postnatal visit the following week - and I'll make the tea! This is our opportunity to discuss your experiences and for you to ask any questions.
I charge £600 including all costs (e.g. travel, hospital pay & display, phone calls etc.) for the whole service